items in the Ship's Store, locating Swift sailors,
     or information about joining the association

Swift Boat Sailors Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Found a VNMese Swifty Who Khows "Kent"

Hi all,

Someone found my email and sent me the following message in which he mentioned an advisor named Kent (Kent Briggs ... is that you????). I'll do the translation. The name of the person is Tuan (Tuan Pham Anh).

Trong cac nam 1969 va 1970, toi la Thuy thu 1 van chuyen cua Hai Doi 4 DZuyen Phong, va phuc vu tren PCF 3855. (I rode PCF 3855 with the VNMese Coast Div 4) in 1969-1970.

"... thuong duoc biet phai cong tac voi cac chien dich va cung cong tac voi cac co van My, mot trong cac nguoi do co ten la Kent."

We often operated with various American Adivisors one of them named Kent"

Vi luc do toi qua nho nen Ong Kent goi toi la Tyty One voi y nghia la nguoi nho nhat tren tau.

Because I was the tiniest guy on the boat so Kent called me Tyty with the connotation that I am the tiniest guy there was.

Anyone out there who knows who this Kent is? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Toi Dang

Re: Found a VNMese Swifty Who Khows "Kent"

Toi

Thanks for the heads up, The time frame is not right for me. I spent about 8 months on PCF 9 in An Thoi (ten months total) and then visited DaNang for couple.May 67 to May 68, Plus i had a hard time advising myself let alone someone else.

Love Ya Bro

Ken

Toi, any chance you can get some additional info from Tuan? I would like to get his rate and paygrade, e-mail address and where he lives to complete his listing on my site. Also any help he could be about the crew that served with him.

I regret there are no Kent's listed on my site, whether crewmen or advisor's.

Larry Wasikowski

Re: Re: Found a VNMese Swifty Who Khows "Kent"

Larry, his full name is Tuan (f) Pham (l) and Anh (m). He was a QM 2rd rate serving on VNN PCF 3855 and 3860 I am sorry that I did not do the cross reference check on your listing for the US hull numbers.

As far as I am concern, my first and main boat was VNN PCF 3812 for I served most of my time on it.

Toi Dang
GM3

Toi, ask him was he was Navy or whatever and was he an Officer or a Gentleman. (Enlisted)