or information about joining the association

Swift Boat Sailors Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gig Harbor Reunion 2006

Announcing:

The Fifth Annual - Gig Harbor Reunion!

Yes, for the fifth year in a row my wife, Jan, and I are inviting as many Swifties and their families as we can fit into our house, deck, garage and lawn to come to our place in Gig Harbor, Washington on the last Saturday in July for a reunion. There is no program or agenda, just a day-long gathering to eat, drink and share old memories. This event continues to get better every year with a mix of old friends we see every year and several newbees who have never before attended a reunion. We had over 70 people attend in 2004 but there is always room for more. So please help us spread the word to those who don't use email or who are otherwise out of touch.

The Details:

Where: The home of Jan and Bill Rogers, 10909 Seaview Court NW, Gig Harbor, Washington, 98332. Phone: 253-858-3080. Email: willrogers@harbornet.com

Gig Harbor is a scenic community located on the Puget Sound just west of Tacoma. It's across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge approximately 30 miles south of Seattle. I'll send you driving directions if you need them. For information on Gig Harbor and accommodations go to www.gigharbor.com.

When: Saturday, July 29, 2006 from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

The last weekend in July is almost guaranteed to be warn and sunny. It's also the start of the big Seafair week in Seattle with the Blue Angels and the hydroplane races on Lake Washington. So it's a great time of year to visit the Northwest if you've ever thought of taking a trip here. The Olympic Peninsula is just a short drive away.

Who: This is for all former Swift Boat sailors and their wives and families. Be sure to bring the wife (or significant other) - they'll have a great time too.

Program: None planned although we're open to suggestions. Just lots of fellowship and eating. There will be a group photo taken at 4:00 p.m.

Cost: $10 per head at the door to help offset the cost of food and drink.

Transportation: Easy access from Interstate 5. Seatac airport is 20 miles north with a good connecting shuttle service. We also have a boat dock in our neighborhood and several more in Gig Harbor.

Lodging: There are lots of motels and hotels in Gig Harbor and Tacoma. There are several places to park your RV. Gig Harbor has several marinas if you're coming by boat. If you plan to stay in a motel be sure to book your room early. This is Seafair week and rooms may be hard to get by July.

RSVP: Please let us know who's coming (including first names) so that we can accurately buy the food and prepare name tags. And please give me your email address if you have one. Email me at willrogers@harbornet.com or the postal address above.

Note: this event is NOT sanctioned by the SBSA or my neighbors.

Regards,

Bill & Jan Rogers