items in the Ship's Store, locating Swift sailors,
     or information about joining the association

Swift Boat Sailors Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Texas

I live in San Antonio, which Kerrville is about 60 miles north. It’s an ok town small. San Antonio has all the Medical care you will need. Kerrville I have no knowledge of what they have but they can’t much. Most come to San Antonio. Shopping well it is a small town but you can travel to San Antonio or Austin either one will have what you want. Weather well it either hot or hot as hell. They do get some snow during the winter and they grow a lot of peaches in the area. So at nights it gets below 50. So the winters are mild. It called the Hill Country of Texas, small hills in the area. I like the area it’s real quite and a very slow pace town. Lot of German’s live in the area and the area has a strong German flavor. The towns main income is based on people visiting the town/area. So you take it from there. Write to Warren at Scutllebutt5@peoplepc.com. He used to work in the city at an RV park. He is one of us Swifty boys from Texas. IF you do come by for a look see call me at 210-410-1658 that’s my cell and I will buy a cup of Joe. I will even call Warren and we can all meet and he can tell you more about the area. Are you planning to build or buy a ready made home? If so I know a guy who builds home in the area starting in 100000 ranges. .Later

Re: Re: Texas

I want to thank you boys for the info,Ed,Dan&Bud (called me). It sounds like a good place. I'am in South West FL so I'am used to hotter than hell. But I can't get used to these hurricanes we had the last two years. Charley was bad enough in 04 and Wilma last year has got me thinking of moving to higher ground. Plus the home owners insurance here is going out of sight. I've been here 20 years that hasn't been bad until two years ago and there talking the next 10-15 years being as bad as the last two.
A friend of mine is moving to Kerville tomorrow and told me what he paid for a log cabin on 6 acres and that's what got me to thinking of TX. I don't know how soon I'll be making a move, but I'am thinking it will be that area. Dan, I'll take you up on that cup of joe if I get out there.
Thanks again fellas.

Re: Re: Re: Texas

Any time, We don't have any her-i-canes but we get them sky clouds that twist and turn taking us to the wicked witch of the east land. but that dont happen to much. When a her-i-cane does hit Texas we get a lot of RAIN which means floods. We have big bridges over streams, until in floods then it's a river. Any Time for a cup of joe.

Later Dan