items in the Ship's Store, locating Swift sailors,
     or information about joining the association

Swift Boat Sailors Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I'm looking for the crew that got stuck in the mud off Cau Mau in Dec.66

Hello my name is Andy Engler the assistant director of Life Recovery Ministries Residential treatment program. I recently had the honor of assisting a Nam-pow in recovering from Alcohol abuse. His story is incredible. He was held for almost 2 years as a prisoner. He was also a witness of John Kerry's efforts in the war. This man has an amazing story that needs to be heard. He say's it's all documented. Please if you know any biographers or are intrested in his story could you let me know, I think for him people hearing his story is a very healing experience for him. If you have any Ideas please let me know
Thank you
Sincerely
Andy Engler

Re: Re: I'm looking for the crew that got stuck in the mud off Cau Mau in Dec.66

Mr. Engler,

I am currently doing historical research on swift boat activities out of An Thoi in 1967. I would like to hear about this person's experiences. I can get more specific with my questions if that would help. My e-mail is: robertmarkewich@hotmail.com

I hope to hear from you.
-Bob

Re: I'm looking for the crew that got stuck in the mud off Cau Mau in Dec.66

I was at An Thoi when a boat got stuck in the bay at Ca Mau. Some of us were listening in on the radio transmissions on our boats at the APL55. I remember them shouting that they were receiving some kind of VC artillery fire that was slowly walking towards their boat. Can't remember boat number. Do remember that thier radioman was named either Nonemaker or Moneymaker or something on that order. He was a Radioman 3/C or RMSN. I believe all weapons were removed by helo in prep to blow boat, however, she refloated on the incoming tide & was safely towed out by another PCF. Sorry for such scant info but maybe someone else can build on this.
Good luck!
Regards,
Joe Chontos
PCF12 An Thoi '66/'67