or information about joining the association

Swift Boat Sailors Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dewey Russell Decker

August 11, 2009

Troops:

We’re on a hot trail in locating Dewey Russell Decker’s grave site. However, we need a bit more information.

At this time I call on anyone that 1) has contact information on Dewey’s family; 2) knows relative’s names or where they live; or, 3) knows where Dewey’s picture came from, that is on board PCF-104;

Please contact me with ANY information that may help open up a lead that can take us to Dewey’s resting place.

Raul Herrera
BeanPCF79@aol.com

raul.herrera@dannenbaum.com

Re: Dewey Russell Decker

Your request is pretty old so I expect this email is late and you found his family. Shipmate Decker was from Ionia, MI. I'll never forget the day and the way he and Richard Stindel died. I was QM2 on the PCF directly astern of them. That scene has haunted me 2 or more time per week for very nearly 41 years now.

Re: Dewey Russell Decker

My husband's brother, Thomas Holloway, was KIA in April 12, 1969 on PCF51. Yesterday, while going through old pictures, I found four pictures of crew that include Decker. Between the four the pics include, Cox, Decker, Sumter, Krause, as well as our brother, Tom. If anyone is interested in the pics or knows how to get them to the person who would put them on the PCF site, please feel free to write. Thank you.