association activities, reunions, the newsletter,
     items in the Ship's Store, locating Swift sailors,
     or information about joining the association

Swift Boat Sailors Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
verifying contacts with swift boats&ussnewdd818invietnam

many of my shipmates are sick due to agent orange exposure.my ship the uss newdd818 operated indanang harbor providing gunfire support to us marines,we hadmany contacts with pcf & other small craft.pcf-79 on10/2/67 pcf-16 on10/6/67 ,pcf-76 on 10/12/67,pcf-99on 10/24/67,pcf-17 on 10/30/67& 10/31/67,pcf-99 on 11/21/67 pcf-14 on 11/22/67,pcf-13 on 11/26/67. the v.a.posts a list of ships that are presumed to have exposure to agent orange.they demahd documentation to prove exposure.we operated in danang harbor &other bays & river entrances we distilled those waters drank it,showered in it etc.but that is not enough for the v.a. on 10/11/67we came to the aid ofpcf-79 which was under heavy shore fire from 3 positions ,with help from pcfs-19&54 we were able tostop the attack on pcf-79.in addition our captain j.d.nolan previously served with the brown water navy prior toasumming command of the ussnewdd818.the reason i gave this background information is i need help from any shipmates who served on those boats to either me with documents showing that they came aboard the ussnew or a notarized statement to that effect.i also recall some of my shipmates taking a ride on apcf on day any information on that would be helpful also.thankyou for any help you can give me.