association activities, reunions, the newsletter,
     items in the Ship's Store, locating Swift sailors,
     or information about joining the association

Swift Boat Sailors Association Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Military Related Books

About a couple of years ago I came across a book titled "And All The DRoened Sailors" It, for those who have never read it or heard of the U.S.S. Indianapolis (ANYONE THAT HAS EVER READ IT WOULD PROBABLY NEVER FORGET IT) and a larger version of it titled "Abando Ship" That book is a must read and should be mandated reading in all schools and by just EVERYBODY. And I thought that that ****** me off, then I run across another one even worse. It is titled The Assault On The Liberty., This incensed me so much that you could use me for a god**** welding rod. First, the United States biggest welfare recipient attacks the U.S.S.Liberty in International waters and kills 34 sailors and wounds over 170 more, shoot rockets, cannon fire and torpedos and napalm into it, these supposed "allies" shoot up life rafts that were putr overboard, but also the sailors and the firehoses that they were using to attempt to put out the fires. Then these "allies: said it was an :accident and they thought that it was an Egyptian tramp steamer 150 feet shorter. With friends like this ,who needs ****in enemies??? And on top of that, the United States RAISED their Welfare (foreign aid) THIS IS LUNACY. I saw pictures on TV of the Walter Reed Army Hospital where our men were sleeping/laying down on puss and blood stained mattresses because the United States did not have the funds to do anything about it or the paint flaking off the ceiling onto the patients but we "reward heavily" these things that pulled this stunt on our men and then hide all this from the American people and the cover-up that followed needs to be delt with. This whole thing stinks of john kerryism but then what do you expect from a president who thinks picking up his beagle by the ears is a gas. Everyone involved should be gone after as Ive been told that there is no statute on murder. Doug Kenney/ exz USNR P.S. More on this later.