school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
duvet day

Just when we had 5 weeks under our belt, my daughter has had a duvet day. I was expecting this yesterday, first day back, but that was fine, so feel more frustrated than normal.

Here's hoping for a better day tommorow.

Penny

Re: duvet day

Oh Penny, it was all going so well ....... don't worry, she'll get back on track I'm sure.

Tomorrow's another day ...... hang in there.

Sue x

Hi Penny,

How are things going? Is your daughter still having duvet days or has she managed to get in?

I've been thinking about you both.

Take care.

Sue x

hi Sue, Thanks for thinking of us. My daughter has had two full duvet days and two half duvet days. Yesterday and today she got in school at lunchtime. When I picked her up from schoolyesterday we celebrated her afternoon 'sucess' with a macdonalds. (That was a spur of the moment idea of how to turn the days events into a positive outcome). She told me that she could have easily have spent the day under the duvet but pushed herself to get up, shower and get the train to school. I was so pleased for her. Then same happened today (without the McD's as she is going to a party tonight, something she has been going to then not going to all week).
It has been an emotionall rollercoaster this week. I have been in floods of tears with dispair, followed by tears of relief that she managed to finally get into school. Its so exhausting!
Looking forward to the weekend, then theres the dreaded monday morning..............

Penny x

Hey Penny,

Well done to you and your daughter ...... and special thanks to MacDonalds!

Just goes to show that you never know how your week will turn out.

Take care all.

Sue x