school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
school refuser

Hi every one

When speaking to lady from education dept yesterday, she said to me 'please don't feel alone in this, I have lots of children like your son on my books', I told her that would have been nice to know 3 years ago when all this started, because as you all know we do feel so alone, I told her about this web site and she was very interested, I told her about the tremendous support we all get from each other, she asked for the site address, which I gave her and she said she would pass this on to the parents she is working with. I also said I was willing to talk to any parent who is going through this, something I would have appreciated 3 years ago, before I had all of you.

We have had a duvet day all week, my son has an appointment with psychologist this morning so I will keep you updated.

Have a great weekend everyone, and be ready to start again monday....................................

Take care
Dorothy x

Re: school refuser

Hope the appointment went well Dorothy. Its lovely that people on here have their own worries but still have time for others - I am sure any parents you speak to will greatly appreciate your support and advice.
I think the more we can inform schools and other outside agencies about the complexities of school refusal the better the understanding of others will be which in turn will lead to more support for our children in the future.

Have a lovely weekend,
Penny x

Re: school refuser

Thanks Penny

Well done to your daughter she did really well this week

Take care
Dorothy x