school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fear

A while ago when I was trying to understand what all this entailed, I couldn't understand what was so scary about school, one of my friends said to me, " forcing some one to go to school who has a fear of school, is like putting someone with a fear of spiders, into a room full of spiders" it made me think......................
Good luck everyone for the coming week.

Take care
Dorothy x

Re: Fear

Hmm that certainly puts things into perspective for our young people.

The problem for us parents of course is that whilst we would never in a million years put our child in a room full of spiders - if that was their phobia, we are obliged by law to get our children to school everyday or else we could be seen to be causing neglect. So we are feeling under enormous pressure from causing our children untold emotional turmoil ,but that is deemed OK. Forcing your child into a room of spiders if they were arachnophobic would be tantamount to child abuse - an interesting thought.

Penny x