school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Advice for School Meeting

Hi Simon,

Sorry to hear you're not having a good day. Try to stay calm then others around may keep their cool.

Simon, I've just been talking to my daughter and she has read the message from Sarah T's son to Dorothy's son.
My daughter said it would be great if the young ones could have a site like this great one we have for parents.
She went on the Scared of School site but says it was very quiet and she would like to have chats and support from others daily as I do on here.

I know you have a lot on your plate but sadly I wouldn't know where to start, is it possible you could set up a link or a new site for youngsters suffering from School Refusal? It would be good if they realised they were not the only ones feeling the way they do. Just somewhere they could chat.

I'd be happy to help in anyway I can.

Would it be possible Simon? What do others on here think about it?

Hang in there Simon, tomorrow's another day.

Sue x

Dorothy,

Sorry to hear you've had such an awful day. Its so draining isn't it?

Please don't worry, take it slowly, your son's welfare is more important than school. Take the pressure off yourselves and then start again with small steps, there's no time limit on this, it will happen when they are able.

Stay strong, you'll get there.

Sue xx

Hi Daz,

Sophie has said it all really, they are wise words.
Please don't give up on your daughter, she can't help how she feels, she isn't being stubborn, her fear is real. If she were truly able to, she would go to school. Take a step back, accept things as they are and you will both feel a lot better.

Take care.

Sue x

Hi Sarah's son,

What a star you are!

I think my daughter may like a chat with you sometime ........... give her time though, she knows where to find you.

Keep smiling!

Sue x

thats fine - somedays i am better communicating than others, bit like Mum. e mail or text is fine. and if i can help i will try.

thank u

Thanks Sue

I'm reading your message and for the first time in months the tears are rolling down my face, my son was so upset yesterday, he said "what is the point in this, I'm never going to be able to hold down a job when I'm older, I can't commit to anything" I think he really believes that, even though his dad and I try to reassure him. Its so soul destroying when you can't protect your child from thing like this..............I think I need to take my own advice and take a step back for a few days.........

Sarah T

My son is out with his friend at the moment but I'll let him see email from your son when he gets in. Thanks I really think it will help.

Take care everyone
Dorothy x

Dorothy

i think our sons must be twins !! my son will say whats the point - i will never do any good and i just cause problems. Since i have stepped back he has got better. Tell him to e-mail and they can have a chat .

Take care of yourselves

SARAH xx

Sarah's son

Yeh that would be good

Dorothy's son

Dorothys son

i,ve just texted my number to ur mum's e-mail - drop me a line mate be gud to chat.

1 2