school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
acceptance

HI all

just been looking through all messages and it seems that most of us, although we would love our kids to go back to school, have accepted that it may never happen and this has helped us to to back off, which in turn helps our children. New people to the site must think that we have lost it...........but we have all been there, when we thought education was the most important thing in the world........haven't we?

Take care everyone
Dorothy x

Re: acceptance

i remember 3 years ago getting worried incase my son didn't make it into the top stream at school -never pushed too hard - now i just want him to goto any class - any stream - how things have changed. My youngest ( loo paperboy ) has SATS next week - I have taken all pressure off him forthe tests, we don't even talk about them.

Not sure if that s right or wrong ?

Sarah T xx

In my opinion Sarah T, you are doing absolutely the right thing. I personally feel that teachers assessments are far more realistic than an 'on the day' assessment. The secondary schools will do their own CAT's tests anyway.

Thanks Penny - sometimes you aren't sure if you are doing right for wrong. Hope everyone has had a better day today.
Sarah T xx