school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Support for children and young people

It has been suggested that this website, or something similar, should provide a chat facility for our young people who find it difficult to attend school.

I would be interested to hear the views of users on this matter. I would also like to learn the views of our youngsters.

I am experimenting with a different system for another project, and have adapted it for School Refusers. http://schoolrefuser.spruz.com/ is a trial site with a chat room. Is that what is wanted? It has no content. It requires a sign up, and that may not be what we want?

Let me know what you think. Oh! The chat room is open now, if anyone wants to drop in!

Re: Support for children and young people

Simon

it's a great idea-even if some children don't write comments reading other youngsters views might help.

thanks Simon

Sarah T

Re: Support for children and young people

Hi Simon,

I liked the site. I didn't join and put a comment mainly because I wanted my daughter to feel it was something for her and other teenagers etc.

Now all we need, is for one of them to start a chat or put something on a forum when its up and running.

My daughter will probably check it out when I'm at work tomorrow.

Thanks Simon once again!

Sue x