school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Book: School Refusal in Adolescence by Martin Herbert

http://www.amazon.co.uk/School-Refusal-Adolescence-Adolescent-Training/dp/0864317204/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1
I have just bought this book from Amazon and I wondered if anyone else has read it ? It is actually written by an Australian and the book actually says 'not for sale outside Australia and New Zealand.

Its only 63 pages long for £11.95 which is expensive but it seems very interesting on first reading.

The aim of the book is a) to distinguish between school refusal and other forms of school attendance problems; b) to assist practitioners with the development of an intervention plan for school refusal; c) to provide resources useful in the assessment and management of school refusal.

I will provide more information when I have finished reading it.

Re: Book: School Refusal in Adolescence by Martin Herbert

Daz

thanks for sharing that i shall be ordering it tonight. I have also read a very good book "can't go won't go" by Mike Fortune Wood. It is written by SR parents about their experiences of SR.

Hows it all going with your daughter ? I was only talking to Sue the other day and said we haven't heard from you -let us know.

Hope everyone is ok.

Regards

Sarah xx

Thank you Daz and Sarah.

I have given them a mention in the Blog, and will include them in the Book Shop listing - when I can remember how to!

All purchases through our Book Shop help offset the costs of our Forum.

Hi,

The following bookshop/webpage where you can order on-line (Australia) might also be of interest as they stock many books about anxiety in children/adolescents and school refusal.
www.psychotherapy.com.au
Click on 'The Human Condition bookstore' and check under a) children & adolescents and then b) anxiety/fear/stress/worry
There are also some books under the Cognitive behaviour sub heading.

Another place where books are mentioned and can be ordered is:
panicanxietydisorder.org.au

Hope this is of some help too.
Linda

Hi Daz - have you had chance to read SR in Adolesence yet ? my copy arrived today but only just had chance to flip through it but quite impressed so far.

I'll let you know when i've read it thoroughly.

Good weekend all - nearly half term.

Sar