school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
There IS hope.

Well done Simon and daughter, you made it to the end!
Enjoy your celebrations, you both deserve it!

Just a note to others on here who have a long way to go.
My daughter is also in Year 11 and taking her GCSE's at the moment.
Her attendance in the past has been terrible.
Year 7 - 30%. Year 8 - 90%. Year 9 - 45%. Year 10 - 2 weeks! Year 11- 0%
She has only had 5 hours a week home tuition since Jan '09 and yet she is taking 5 GCSE's and hoping to go on to take Art and Design at college.

So never give up hope, you can get there, you may just take a different route to everyone else.

Stay strong.

Sue xx

Sarah T - I know you are going through a tough time at the moment, don't worry, it will get better. Your son is a star and I know he will try but whatever happens, we are here for you. Tomorrow is another day. Education doesnt have to be right here right now! Don't let the professionals get to you. You are his mum and you know best!

xx

Re: There IS hope.

Hi

Thanks for that Sue. Sorry not been on site for a few days and got alot to sort out but not sure where to start. I'm at work at the moment so I'll sit down and post later. Going to need all the help I can on this one guys !!

Sarah xx

Sarah T

Remember your not on your own, we will help you through this.

Take care
Dorothy x

Thanks Dorothy it means alot.
Sarah xx