school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Long awaited day

Hi Everyone,

Well, we made it, my daughter had her last lesson of home tutoring today. The home tutors and the ones at the unit have been fab and very caring, its just a shame that it took such a fight to get it, along with constant threats of it being taken away in an instant, which haven't helped but my daughter was happy with her lessons, if only we could get the help for ALL of our School Refusers.

On that note, I gave this website address to the tutors and asked if they would give it to any parents of S.R.'s as it has been such a life saver to me and I know we can help others out there. The tutor at the unit said she would inform all the other tutors and the home tutor said she may even put some things on our forum, as she works with S.R's and may be able to help a little or at least give us an insight to the other side and how professionals see it.

Oh and by the way, my daughter received her offer of a college place this morning! So never give up, its a tough and often long and lonely road but you will get there.

Take care everyone, hope your day has been good, if not dont worry, tomorrow is another day.

Oh by the way, just because we've got there, doesn't mean I'm disapperaing, I'm here to help if I can and most definately fight our corner to raise awareness of School Refusal

Smiles!

Sue x

Re: Long awaited day

Sue

Fantastic news well done to both of you.

Talk to you later

Sarah xx

I am very pleased for you both!

Well done Sue and Sue's daughter.

That is fantastic news about the college place.

penny xx

Sue

Well done both of you, it's so nice to hear of people coming out the other end of this nightmare, congratulations to your daughter for earning her place at college, as I said to simon, I hope your daughter goes on to live a happy and successful life. So glad you will be still around, we parents still need all the support we can get.

Take care
Dorothy x