school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
He went to school

What a difference a day can make. My son made it to the meeting this morning after getting up at I don't know what time worrying. I reassured him he would be fine, I would be there, it was very informal and that I had told school he wouldn't be staying. After the meeting they asked why he couldn't stay as it would be good for him ( tell me something I don't know ) he just clammed up and held back the tears. He's agreed ( at the mo ) to go in Monday lunch and build up each day - I just hope they accept it will be small steps and he won't be back full time within a week.

Well so glad its the weekend, i'm so sorry about yesterday I just didn't know where to turn. I think we are in for a bumpy ride.

Good weekend all

Sar xx

Re: He went to school

Hi

That is really good to hear that your son went into school,so glad it went ok.

My son went into his tutor twice this week. I did have to stay with him both times. Lets see what happens next week. We also had a review meeting but my son wouldn't go to that but everyone was understanding.

I'm also glad it's the weekend we don't have to talk about school!

claire

Re: He went to school

Well done Sarah. Small steps are just good for some but brilliant for you :)
Doesn't it wear you down - always that talk about school and anxiety .....it is all consuming. Enjoy the weekend.
Linda