school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: The Meeting

Well tomorrows the BIG day. My son is due to go back into school for the move round day on the new site ( he's been in the inclusion room but not classes ) and I think this is make or break. Im trying to stay calm and not worry but that is easier said than done. In addition my younget son is also going up to the school albeit the lower site and will find out which of his friends he will be with, Im hoping he will be with at least a few friends but it is such a large school.

It is a shame that they won't be on the same site together as it would have helped my SR son so much, as his little brother does look out for him. Its quite sweet really as the school have been more than helpful with my youngest son going up to the new school, but I keep telling them he is a different child, and not to tar him with the same brush.

Anyway they break up Friday and I can't wait.

Hope everyone is OK and enoying the sunshine.

Love to all

Sarah xx

I must have blinked and missed the sunshine - it has been torrential today. Out driving, I was below the cloud level at times.

Sarah, keep cool, calm and carbolic, as my sergeant major used to say. We will all be thinking of you all, hoping the new building brings new and positive outcomes.

Take care,

Simon

Sarah

I'll be thinking about you both tomorrow

Take care
Dorothy x

Hi

Not in a good place today - been up since i don't know when talking to my son - he really couldn't do it and feels really bad about himself - we really need more help with his anxieties so im going back to the GP to see what else he can do. Son number 2 went off fine for his trial day - thank goodness.

School very understanding which helps.

Take care

Sarah xx

Oh, dear, I feel so sorry for you both.

Maybe you can find an opportunity for him to go in on his own (with yourself) so he becomes familiar with the building?

Simon

Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear your day hasn't gone as expected but when does anything go to plan when living with SR?

I know your son really wanted to go and for everything to be 'normal' again. I'm sure he feels he has let you down too but we all know how horrid it is for everyone involved with SR and it can raise its head at any point, moreso when you feel you are actually getting somewhere, it will come along to knock you back.

Please don't feel you have gone backwards, you have just stood still. You will both move forward again when your son feels able. Look how far you've both come recently! He has done so well, maybe today was a step too far and a little too soon for him.

Just have a quiet day with your son and enjoy each others company, he really needs his mum today ..... tomorrow is another day.

Love to you both.

Sue xx

Sarah

Sorry to hear that, but you know it's not his fault and I'm sure you reassured him on this, try and stay strong, enjoy your summer holidays and put school out of your mind until next term.

Take care
Dorothy x

1 2