school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
end of holidays

Hi everyone

Hope you all are enjoying the holidays, unfortunately its back to school for us in Scotland, it has been great over the holidays, my son has been out with his friend a lot, but now we have to face that dreaded place................I've had no contact with anyone from school over the holidays so I will have to call tomorrow to find out if there is anything in place for start of term...........................why is there a small voice in my head telling me that I already know the answer to that.....................

Re: end of holidays

spoke to guidance teacher this morning, she is not sure what's in place, if anything, they are really busy today and tomorrow with meetings, interviews etc but she will email relevant people to try and find out......................why am I not surprised

Take care
Dorothy x

Hi Dorothy - nice to hear from you. Going back to school fills me with dread - we still have nearly 4 weeks left so i'm trying not to think about it but it will soon come around.

Good luck with everything I do know how you feel. As you know my son is hoping to go back in year 10 for a new start and i am trying to be positive but well.... I had a letter from school after they had broken up for the holidays to say they had changed his class.....great help when we have worked towards staying in the same one - this is what happened last year and it started again.

Keep your chin up - you know my number if you need me.

Lots of love

Sar xx

Thanks Sarah, I appreciate that.

Just enjoy the rest of your holidays and try not to think of school, I know that's easier said than done, however hard we try it's always at the back of our minds, this site just proves that, even though there is no school we all still check this site just in case anyone is having a particular hard time..............

Simon, I hope things go ok with your daughter, it must be soon as well.

Take care
Dorothy x

Good luck Dorothy. We all know the feelings you are having re starting back after a break.
We are in the middle of a term here - and my son is averaging 2-3 days a week although it was less this week. The teacher keeps telling me that my son is missing out on group work and various skills - but never offers to suggest how this can be overcome or worked on. No one ever seems to have the answers or the backup - we just have to try and make our way through the maze.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my 'Down Day'. There have been a few! He is at school today. He felt very down and ill in the stomach but he got there.
The good thing about CAMHS is that it is directly linked to the educational system - I sometimes wonder if working outside of the school I am not helping for the future links that will be needed - but I guess we can only go with what works at any given time.
All the best to anyone starting back after a break!
Linda