school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Starting college

My daughter is moving into her flat today as she prepares for her first term at college. Although she has met two of her flatmates before, and have been chatting on the internet, they are not yet friends.

Her moods have been low and I sense a strong feeling of nervousness as she takes this next step in her life. That of course rubs off on me too!

There is a load of pre-course work that has to be done, but very little has been completed so far - just attending all her friends flat-warming parties!

But if you had asked me a year ago if this would be happening, I would have said 'some chance!'

For those of you approaching the start of a new term (and I know that Scottish schools are well into their new school year), there is light at the end of the tunnel. You will get there too.

Simon

Re: Starting college

Hi Simon,

I was so glad to hear about your daughter moving on in her life.
She's bound to be a little nervous, we all are when faced with new situations but I'm sure she'll get there, with your ongoing support.
Well done to her for coming so far!

Take care.

Sue x