school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Educating others on SR

hi

Just wondered Simon (and others) if you have got any further with plans to educate others about SR? I know you were thinking of asking a few media or professionals out there. With the same problems that still keep happening to everyone here in the forum and especially the family who are not letting their daughter interact with yours, Dazza - there is such a need to educate everyone on this.

I haven't been in touch lately as we had two weeks holiday. My son went back ok this morning so fingers crossed for this term...this morning he even suggested he walk to school as he felt any exercise calms him a bit. I never get my expectations up - but at least we have a good day today:)
Thinking of you if you are having a down side time - its just so hard and made so much worse by so few understanding what we go through.
Linda

Re: Educating others on SR

Linda,

Although I did respond to Woman's Hour following their recent broadcast, I have to confess that I have not otherwise progressed the promotion of the issues around school refusal since early summer, when I met the Chief Executive of the NSPCC (Andrew Flanagan) and spoke on the phone to the Chief Executive of Red Balloon (Carrie Herbert). I am gearing myself up to talking to ParenLine (I have a contact) to see what options that might bring.

Simon