school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
School

Just a one liner everyone, my son got up got dressed and went into his original senior school this morning !!

Sarah xx

Re: School

Well done to both of you - that is good to hear.
My son has been going well. He says one of the kids in his class is away so he feels more able to cope. Yesterday he got into trouble for hiding from the sports teacher but also got a reward for 'having a more positive attitude towards school'. I am non the wiser regarding what works - but if it works - I'm happy:)
Hope everyone else is having a good spell or if not - remember things are often different just round the corner.
We have now had three CB sessions - I wonder if they are taking effect already.
He says they are boring and gets angry before we go - but when he is there he seems ok although very easily distracted. He seems to find it hard to focus - I wonder if this is how he is at school and this impacts on how he copes. What I like about these sessions is we do them together. I'll share more about them as we get further down the track.
Linda