school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thankyou

Thank you for all the kind words and support. Sorry to hijack Nancy's thread but it just seemed the right moment.

Penny x

Re: Thankyou

Penny - we all wish we could do something to help. I hope you feel that you can contact the forum whenever you feel like it. And although its hard to admit to and discuss with anyone, I think in the back of all our minds is the thought that our own kids might just not cope one day. Thinking of you.
Linda

Penny

As Linda said I wish i could help more, I really do. Can i ask how your daughter is at the moment ?

Kindest regards

Sarah x

In a very dark place.

She spends most of the day asleep because its easier than having to face anything. Cahms wont see her until next tues because I am at home with her she is classed as low risk.

She also trusted someone (a boy) who let her down so she has a broken heart too. She has a lot of healing to do. All I can do is wait until she can face real life again and then help her pick up the pieces.

Penny x

Penny

If I can do anything, anything at all please just ask.

Take care

Sar xx

Sarah, you have done plenty already just by listening.

Thankyou, I really appreciate it.

Penny x

Penny - Sleep is the body's way of healing. Just being there for her is all you can do, I feel sure she's glad you are. Eventually her heart will heal and she will begin to smile again. Just give her time.

You're a good mum Penny.

Hugs to both of you.

Sue x

Penny,

I have been away for a few days - no phone, no internet - and am just catching up. I hope that things are a little brighter for you and your daughter this weekend?

I am sure that with your strength she will pick up the pieces, and you will together make progress.

We are all thinking of you both, and wishing you well.

Simon