school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where can you sit GCSE Exams other than school?

Does anyone know where can you sit GCSE Exams other than school?

My daughter has been sent details of 3 GCSE exams in November but as she hasn't been to school since March she is reluctant to sit the exams in school.

We have asked school but they've said she would have to do them in school.

Re: Where can you sit GCSE Exams other than school?

Dazza,

I thought that the only place to take GCSEs was in a school, but maybe not; I have not done detailed research, but ASW seem to provide an alternative:
http://www.asw2.net/gcse/gcse-exam-centres.html
Simon

Re: Where can you sit GCSE Exams other than school?

Hi Dazza,

My daughter sat most of them at school but a room was allocated to her beside the reception area, so that she didnt actually have to see anyone else. Apparentgly this is a common thing in schools at exam times as there are other children who for one reason or another do not take exams in the big halls with everyone else. There were two other pupils in the room with my daughter and an invigilator. She was fine with it.
Her art exam was taken in the 'unit' where she had her lessons.

You need to ask the school/Head of Year/Exam Officer, to arrange somewhere (separate room) for your daughter.

Sue x