school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yay for Penny!

Penny,

I was so pleased to hear your daughter had been into school today. Not only from an education perspective but more the fact that she is moving on slowly.
You have both been in my thoughts a lot lately and your post made me smile.
Take care you two.
Hugs.

Sue x

Re: Yay for Penny!

Thats fantastic news - Our children are so brave - no-one else quite understands how much courage that took - it makes me cry!! Penny I hope you had a break while she was in college - you need to rest too.....

Sophyx

Thank you so much for your kind words. You have made me smile too.
She's gone in to school today too. This will probably mean spending the weekend in bed but who cares. I'mtrying so hard to take one day at a time rather than worry about next week or the week after that.
we have an appointment next week with regard to her possible ME/CFS . I'll let you know how it goes.
Mean while I am still off work due to 'acute stress response' but I have a meeting with my head to ask for a reduction in working hours. This will have a significant impact on our household earnings but you can't have both time and money and right now time to heal myself and support my daughter and the rest of the family is more important.

Penny x

This must be so hard for you - but seems like you are making a wise choice. Do you have time and money for counselling for yourself?
Wishing you strength on the journey forward for all of your family.
Linda

Linda,
I have been referred by my GP for CBT for anxiety, although this was set up before recent events. I am waiting for a date for it to begin.

Penny x