school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
update

hi guys

just keeping in touch, not much change here, ny son still has his 3 hours a week tuition and education centre, he has been doing extremely well, still have days when he really struggles to get in, but since august he has only had about 3 or 4 days off, I am so proud of him, he is applying for college at the moment, not sure if he will have enough qualifications, we have a meeting on frid, weather permitting, so we will see how that goes.

My thoughts go out to everyone who is struggling at the moment, thank goodness for this site.

Take care
Dorothy x

Re: update

Hi Dorothy,

It was good to hear your son is getting on ok. I'm really happy for you both. Slowly but surely, thats the way. I'm sure he'll be fine with his qualifications, our youngsters are brighter than we know and can normally 'pull it out of the bag' when we need them to.

After only a few months of home tuition my daughter managed to get the grades she needed to get into college and I'm pleased to say, she loves it! Your son will too I'm sure. She says its good to have a life at last. Good luck with your meeting on Friday.

My heart goes out to all of you still suffering. I've been there so I do know how you are feeling and exactly what you are going through. It's a very dark place to be and sometimes you think it will never end. For 5 years I fought the professionals who thought my daughter was 'pretending'. I can't begin to tell you how many asked if I'd tried talking to my daughter about going back to school. ?? doh! Oh if they were to spend just one week in our shoes!

My aim now is to give you all some hope and let you know there IS light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there everyone, you will get through it, I promise.

Smiles!

Sue x

Dorothy - your son is doing really well - i'm so pleased for you both. We are having a bit of a bad time but hopefully we will come out of it soon. My youngest son ( at same school ) has been off for the past 3 days (school did send him home Tuesday am ) not well, he seemed so much better this morning but he said he wasn't so couldn't go in - arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is this starting with him as well ? then to my relief he wasn't well mid morning - now how awful is that - but did make me realise it was geniune - paranoid or what !! I have taken a couple of days off work as i just couldn't settle to anything. CAMHS are going to advise EW that my son go back to the unit part time - that would be Christmas come early i would be over the moon.

Well hope everyone else is well, keep smiling

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah,

I hope you get the outcome you deserve. I have everything crossed for you both.

I'm here if you need me.

Take care

Sue x

Sue and Sarah

Thank you both for your comments, Sue I'm so pleased to hear that your daughter is doing well, it really does give me hope, well done to her and of course you. Sarah, my thoughts are with you just now, i know its hard but your two boys are different, hope you get the outcome that your boy deserves.

Take care
Dorothy x