school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Red Balloon Learner

Just a thought - has anyone investigated the Red Balloon Learner .co.uk
it is group of small schools that help children that have been bullied and are unable to attend a normal school.

Re: Red Balloon Learner

Maureen,

Please see this blog entry: re Red Balloon.

I am glad that things are improving with your daughter, but it sounds like there is still a long way to go. We have found re-building friendships is very hard. I don't have an answer! Early on in our process, we ran a home group for young people, one of whom went to a different school. This has proved to be a lasting relationship.

Simon

Re: Red Balloon Learner

I have contacted the local red balloon by me and they have been more than helpful. Unfortunately my local one isnt up and running yet due to lack of funding but they have been very supportive and offered lots of advice and guidance. Wish i could get me son a place as they seem to be very caring and aware of what is needed.