school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Have you noticed? No ads!

Whilst I have always felt that the annoying ads were a necessary evil if I were to keep down the costs of providing this website, the volume of traffic has now moved us out of the 'free' category.

Sadly, this has resulted in additional costs, which I am no longer able to bear without some assistance.

Please, please, if you can, make a small donation to help offset the costs.

Thank you.

Re: Have you noticed? No ads!

Simon - how much are you looking for ?

I will help as much as i can, but not too much disposable income at the moment.

Sarah x

Hi Simon,

If you can do a rough estimate of regular numbers and then how much we need to contribute - that would be helpful. Or do this off-line - whatever you feel most appropriate. I'd certainly be willing to help out.
Linda

Linda, that is kind of you - thank you.

To be honest, I have not added up all the costs - registration of web name, hosting, software, etc. Some of it bundles in with other things I do, eg within my local community, and some costs are annual and some spread over 2 or 3 years. I dont want to make money out of this - just defray some of the costs. It is a bit embarrassing, really!

The cost for a basic, but not free, forum came as a suprise. I was just checking it yesterday, and saw that we had just tipped over the limit.

I was only looking for $5 -10 per person (some of the costs are in dollars, and the chipin widget is in dollars - I could not find a pounds sterling version)

Again, thank you,

Simon

Simon - count me in - let me know when you want it.

Sarah x

Thank you, Sarah.

Please see my response to linda,

Simon.

Hi Simon,

I haven't been on the site for a couple of weeks but I get paid tomorrow and will most definately send you a donation.
You have helped me so much on this site and my daughter is now at college and much happier, I hope your daughter is getting along fine as well.

Take care.

Sue (and M.)

Just say when and how and I will send a contribution, this website is a god send, I try to comment when I can but it is so comforting to read other posts to know you are not alone.

Kirsty xx

Simon - can you perhaps email us all privately who are on here regularly and provide details on how to send you the money? Are the dollars Australian?
This might be something you throw out at the beginning of each year to bring in any more regulars that might join along the way. That is - assuming you are going to keep this wonderful forum going - I do not know what we would do without it - I cannot thank you enough for giving us this outlet to help each other.
Linda

Dear all,

Please follow this link if you are able to help>>>
Donate by clicking here

Simon

I tried to donate but it is only coming up as dollars, how do I change it to pounds.

Thanks
Dorothy

It will deduct in £ sterling from your account.
Roughly, $3 = £2

Simon

Hi, Simon,
I have sent a small donation. Thank you for providing this site. It has been said many times but it really is a life saver.

Penny xx

Simon - sent my contribution - apologies fo the delay I forgot !!

Sarah xx