school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
update

Hi Guys

I've not been on site for a few weeks, like to forget about school over the hols and we managed to get a week away in the sun, which was great, just what we needed, my son starts back tomorrow, i've not broached subject yet, will see what tomorrow brings.

So sorry to hear the tough times that some of you are going through, please remember you are not alone, there is great support here.

Simon, count me in, your support has been invaluble.

Take care
Dorothy x

Re: update

Hi Dorothy - good to hear from you, and glad you had a good holiday.

Remember the advise - keep calm and hope tomorrow goes well.

As I said in an earlier post M starts is tuition today, he is really looking forward to it as to be honest he is really fed up at the moment which doesn't help his anxieties !!

Lots of love

Sar xx

Dorothy - how did it go yesterday ? all ok ?

M started his home tuition and got on well so i hope it continues - he really likes the tutor as he had him when he was at the tuition centre and he really understands SR and just how difficult it is for both the child and the family which really helps.

Let me know how things are going.

Sarah xx

Hi Sarah

things going ok, still uptight but went in, he sat his computing prelim and did really well, maths and english prelims coming up in next few weeks. He has been thinking about college, so on friday, when i was at work he decided to apply, what a huge acheivement, we just have to wait
and see what happens. I'm so pleased home tuition is working for your son, thats a huge acheivement too, we've all come a long way, long may it contine.

Take care
Dorothy x

Hi Dorothy

Brilliant news - well done to your son - it is always hard going back after a break so he has done so well.

M had another CBT session last night, and I have to say i really think it is working.

Hope everyone is OK.

Sarah xx