school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Funding

Each Child generates money for schools, a year 10 is evidently worth £4,000 per annum. I have been informed evidently if you contact Connexions they can on your behalf negotiate attaching your child to a school, school gets the money and pays for your child to attend a college. The college charges £7 per hour for courses, and you choose the courses or you can pay yourself and have complete control. Adult Education in Learning Centres either evening or during day is open to childen as well as adults and is either free or a lot cheaper. Has anyone any idea if this is right?

Re: Funding

Maureen - I haven't heard of it, but I know that the home tuition my son recieves is funded by the school but it is interesting to know. He has a tutor from the PRU who started to come to the house yesterday, at the moment we are not sure how many hours he will get as they are still to sort out a timetable. As we are 3 years down the line I hope they can transfer all the funding so he gets a fair crack at the whip !!

If you find anymore out please keep us posted.

Sarah xx