school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hope

Hi everyone

Had a meeting at school today and although things are going really well and my son is doing good, the time has come, as i thought it would, my son will be 16 in the summer and there will no longer be a legal requirement to attend to school, we were told today that it will be unlikely that tuition will contine beyond this, my son had to fill out his options form for next year and choose sujects that he would like to study, he picked out 5 subjects and said that he would like to try and get back to school, you could have knocked me over with a feather, as usual the school were so supportive and told him that he could try coming in for one period a week, as he has been doing so well at computing they thought this would be a good subject to start with, tne new school time table starts in june and the school are willing to work out a part time time table to help my son, it might or might not work but its worth a try, and its given us a bit of hope. if only other education authorities were as understanding.

take care
Dorothy x

Re: hope

Good to hear, Dorothy. We must remember to keep smiling whenever possible:-)
Good luck - whatever your son feels he can work with - that is a start.
Linda

Truly a huge step up that big ole' hill. Congratulations to you son!

Well done Dorothy and to your son - have a good weekend.

Sar xx