school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Enough is Enough

I have sat and gone through old and new threads on the site, and 2 main issues keep coming up:
1 - Inconsistant approaches by Education Authorities and threat of prosecution.
2 - Educating our children, if they can't go to school what happens to their education ?

With this in mind I have written to the Prime Minister who only this week has promised more money into childrens mental health, and asked him why parents and children are being treated this way.

I have not mentioned our forum name but mentioned we have a self help group.

Hope you don't mind but enough is enough and something needs to be done, we don't want any more families to suffer and want help for ours. I trust they will reply and will keep you posted.

Love to all

Sarah xxxx

Re: Enough is Enough

Well done and good on you, Sarah! Children and adolescence mental health is something I hope they sit up and listen to. My letter to the main paper here didn't get printed but we have so many things going on with flooding and cyclones that I am not surprised - things are in rather a turmoil.
We have an organisation called 'Beyond Blue' here that came out of lobbying of governments to do something about mental health and specifically adolescence. I get the impression we have as a result a closer understanding of how careful we have to be an in particular in relation to suicide. SR is, however, not understood at all but if you mention mental health it gets a much better response than 10 years ago when it was brushed under the carpet. So go for it - lobby whoever you can and get it out there. Good luck and hope others put pen to paper and thanks Simon for inspiring us.
Linda

Re: Enough is Enough

Just to let you know I have an appointment with our local MP in two weeks time - he sounds a lovely chap, he did get my vote in the election lets hope i made the right decision.

Hope you all Ok

Sarah xx