school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A good day!

Just thought I would let you know Alex went in to school today. On the way he listened to a Charles Linden relaxation CD. Don't know if it is just a coincidence, but he is in school!! It was a visualisation CD which there are lots of out there I think, not just by the Linden method. His head of year is setting up a meeting with the EWO for after half term. I am hoping that when she meets me she will realise the effort that Alex and I have been making to get him into school.

Anne

Re: A good day!

Well done to you both and keep listening to Charles !!

Sar xx

Well done Anne and Alex ...... just keep doing what works for you both.
Small steps.

Sue and M. xx

Well done to you both.
Would you recommend the Linden method overall or do you think many of the visualisation CDs might work?
Linda

I wouldn't say I would recommend the Linden method overall. Alex was really down this morning and didn't want to listen to a CD in the car today, but as we were driving along he was becoming more and more anxious so I just put the CD in and although it didn't have as much an effect as yesterday and he was still anxious at the school gates, he did go in. So I think maybe any relaxation CD might help, but it is also about whether they are in the mood to be receptive to it. I will keep them in the car and I think some days they may work and others not. Sorry I can't be of much more help.

Anne