school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EWO meeting

Well, the EWO was very helpful. She was very patient and understanding with my son, but made it quite clear to him that he needs to be in school and all day, not just part of a day. He has been given some escape cards, which excuse him to go to the library if he is getting anxious and he is allowed to leave 5 minutes before everybody else, before all the rush starts. He went in today on the second attempt. I just hope that the thought of having to stay all day doesn't start to cause me more of a problem in the mornings. For a while now I have been able to get him as far as the school gates, but if he thinks he has to stay all day he may start refusing while still at home, but I will face that bridge when I come to it. I am determined to remain positive.

Anne

Re: EWO meeting

Anne - i am so pleased that your EWO was understanding, but ooooh how it annoys me when they say he must be in everyday - WE KNOW THAT ONE, but that is just not always possible WE KNOW THAT ONE TOO. Please remain positive and keep your chin up you are doing a fab job in difficult circumstances.

Lots of love Sarah xx