school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CAF - common assessment framework

Well, the latest from my camp guys - ohh just found out i might be diabetic - fab bring it on !! Sorry nothing to joke about but sometimes you think please give me a break - results next week.

Well son no 2 back in hospital next week for a scan and i have to say this is really worrying me now but im not letting him see that, and dad collapsed on Tuesday night A&E til 3 in the morning sooo tired and he is still in hospital.

Anyway back to SR - Our parent support worker has arranged for a CAF meeting at the end of the month - the aim being that school hand over my sons funding to the tuition centre in order that he can attend there for more than 3 hours per week. A CAF meeting is parent lead soooo i will be in the chair ( no not the naughty chair ) for that. Invited are the GP CAMHS, tuition centre psycologist psychiateric nurse parent partnership, EWO oh yes and school my son and I - hope its a big room. Do any of you experience of a CAF report ? this is different from a multi agency meeting.

Hope everyone is having a good day..
Sar xx

Re: CAF - common assessment framework

oooh result - just had a call to say my son has been awarded another 2 hours teaching a week - cheers but can we have some more plllllllllllease.

Getting there - what an MP

Sar xx

Sarah

I'm so pleased, another few hours will make a difference.

Take care
Dorothy x

Thanks Dorothy, just shows what the backing of an MP can do !

Love Sar xx

Yes I have to go to CAF meetings and TAC meetings but have'nt felt a lot of benefit has come out of it. Social Services keep pulling out, the staff there keep changing so I lose track of who is supposed to be supporting us. Also my son has never been referred to anywhere else to do his education. They just leave him at home with me!! Am fed up with the lack of support we get here in Cornwall.