school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can You talk to your child?

Parents: I know my daughters anxiety comes from the fact that she is not telling me that she is unsure of sexuality. So, I asked outright. Imagine HER surprise...I told her I dont want her to speak until shes ready...I just simply wanted to tell her that I Love Her Unconditionally.

Please reaffirm to your child that you love them. Its the absolute best thing you can do, especially knowing they struggle with not knowing what the "heck" is happening to them internally. This is like one of the biggest causes for anxiety in the 12 year old range. (which is my daughters age)...Just dont dismiss this...check it all out to get the big picture...School is hard...never mind hormones...

ps: do you know what your childs favorite color is?

Re: Can You talk to your child?

Hi Bonnie,

Glad you were able to make a break through in communication.
I have the opposite - my son talks to me about 'everything' and we have a very open communication but that is possibly because it has always been just him and me. I agree we must always keep communication open and tell our children we love them no matter what.
Linda

Re: Can You talk to your child?

Thanx Linda

Your doing something right. Your very lucky to have that openess. Keep up the terrific work...if you have communication...you really have it all.