school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Local contact

Hi all - would anyone be interested in starting a thread where you could add where you are to see if anyone lives fairly close to offer support locally? I am in Christchurch right down the South of England and havent found anyone who has similar problems locally. Alterntively we could include where we live in the posts? LIfe can get very lonely

Re: Local contact

Hi Maureen - i'm Derbyshire anyone local ?

Sar xx

Hi Maureen,

I'm in Chelmsford, Essex.

Sue and M. x

Hi

We're in Scotland

Take care
Dorothy x

Why are we all so far apart ? it's such a shame.

Sar xxvuny

And I still can't believe I am so far the only one from Australia on here! We are all very much isolated and yet - there could be someone suffering just round the corner.
Linda

Linda,

we are only an email away....

I am in SW London and am lucky enough to have made friends with two local mums with SR children via this website. Although their children are currently at school and it is 5 weeks since my son has attended, they understand like no-one else. We all use the same therapist and are using the same techniques and it really helps knowing my son can and will return to school eventually....He has done it before....Knowing their children are doing so well gives me hope..

Thank you Simon,

sophy

hi im in mitcham surrey.

jezebel
Scotland!
have been looking up to see if there were any home ed groups here .... but none at all in Scotland -

Have you tried the Schoolhouse Home Education Association, Scotland’s national home education support charity?

http://www.schoolhouse.org.uk/

SCOTLAND!

Hi all, I recently had contact with my local Education Otherwise rep and after telling her our story she put me in contact with another family, their dd had just been removed from school with severe school phobia. I made contact with mum and arranged to meet, but that morning dd found it too much and we had to cancel - it so mirrored my own dd 3 years ago. There are others nearby, its just a case of finding them or them finding you.

Pardon my ignorance but what is 'dd' ?

Linda

i think its darling daughter linda

Thanks Donna! That is the first time I have seen it used on here.: -)
Linda