school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Meeting Day....

Hi all:
Today was my daughters Team Meeting day...with all the professionals involved. She absolutely has improved. She has acheived controlling her anxiety to acceptable levels. She actually skipped up the steps into the building and did not have any shut downs during the meeting. She participated openly. Can I say HUGE!!!! With all this said...It was a bit of a sad day also...This program that our state has in place called CHINS...children in need of services...will have budget cuts this year cancelling this program....At first I hated openly the court interference...and now I am shocked that they are deleting this. I cannot imagine what would have happened with my daughter.

I am going to ask around and see if speaking up in the behalf of this program will do any good at all. Obviously, there are far too many children that would fall without this type of foothold. Anxiety is a real issue with many kids. (starting on this voyage, I didn't know that)..
So, with this said, I will keep posting anything relevant.
Happy Day to everyone..Chin Up..Spring is here.

Re: Meeting Day....

Hi Bonnie,

I'm thrilled for both you and your daughter, long may it continue!

Hugs.

Sue and M. x

Re: Meeting Day....

thank you very much...lots of hard work...