school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
proud mum

Hi everyone

Just wanted to share our week with you, on Monday our sons maths tutor called to cancel, can't say my son was too upset about this :), we had organised some private tuition with his computor teacher as the exams are now only weeks away, he was so stressed before she came, she even comented that she had never seen him so bad,but he managed and she spent 2 hours with him completing his practical work which she will now send to examination board, she told him that she feels so sad that he cant come into school because he would be top of class, he is far more advanced than his fellow class mates even though he only has an hour a week, it made me sad and happy as I'm sure you will understand. I knew as soon as he wakened up on Tuesday that it was going to be a bad day, we had a talk and I reminded him that we didn't have many more tuition days left before exams and that he couldn't afford anymore time off, he already knew this and I'm sure that me telling him didn't help but, I feel we are so near the exams, we sat outside the education centre for about 15 minutes with him saying he couldn't do it and me saying he could..........he did manage to get in, but I was really worried about him, he was grey, sweaty and really uptight, but he managed to stay and do his work, today again he was really uptight, he even asked me why he was so bad this week, if only I had the answers, it was computing again and he managed to go into unit, he came home with a big grin in his face, he got results from the last class test, he got highest mark in the class, all on one hour a week, his teacher is amazing. Its just revision now until exams. This has been one of the hardest weeks for a while but how proud am I of my son...................

He is now round at his friends house enjoying some normal time.

Thanks for listening.

Take care
Dorothy x

Re: proud mum

Hi R - its me M ( sarahs son)- well done mate you are doing really well don't give up now show um all we can do it. Made me laugh when mum told me about ur tutor, mine was ill too yesterday so didn't come - shame lol but she was back today ummm. I am also doing my GCSE course work at home but going to start the unit again soon.

Mum's busy sorting out this big meeting on Tuesday to see whats happening regarding the unit long term, will be really pleased if she can sort it - go mum go - if anyone can do it she can. she has given up her job - oooohhhhh and opens up her own new business in two weeks so we have been busy deorating her new offices - more work.

anyway keep going matey - lets show um big time.

Cheers M -

oh i see - no need to me to reply then is there - looks like my son has done it for me - no secrets there !!

Well done R you are a star

Sar x

Well done to your son, Dorothy. What a relief after just not knowing how all would go! And to Sarah's son - that is so nice of you to add your positive comments.
Linda