school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Apology

Hi Dorothy,

Sorry to hear your son was so upset today after the CAHMS meeting.

I think you are right to step back a little now. My daughter said she felt so much better at 16, when her counselling stopped and she didnt have to be monitored by 'Connections' anymore. She felt the counselling was just going over the same things and being monitored made her feel 'different' to others.
So now she is free to be the teenager she always wanted to be.
Your son will find his way. Help him make his own decisions now and support him all the way as you always have done.
Its hard to cut the ties a little after all they've been through, my god I found it tough, but sometimes we all have to move on.

Take care.

Sue and M.

Sorry to hear things are not so well, Dorothy. It sounds like the main thing is that he gets back his belief in himself and that no matter what has happened or will happen, he is ok and will find new roads. It must be hard for you.
Take care,
Linda

Sue

Thank you so much, your right it is so hard letting go, we try and protect our children all we can and we fail to see that they are groing up.

Linda

I think that I realised that yesterday when we came home, he did say that he didn't want to go in the first place, but I thought I new better, he is still really down today, but schools are off here for the next two weeks, so hopefully he will chill out and enjoy the holiday, thanks for your support.

Take care
Dorothy x

Dorothy x

1 2