school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It felt so good!

Hi All,

Just wanted to relay a funny thing that happened today.

If you've read my previous posts you will know that I didn't exactly hit it off with certain 'professionals' involved with my daughter over the years.

I had a call today from the 'Unit' where my daughter had the occasional lessons. (its really a unit where 'suspended' children are taxied to for lessons - they dained to let my daughter attend for a short time and we had to be so grateful).

Anyway, the unit were updating things about pupils who had left last summer and I had GREAT DELIGHT in telling them that my daughter was absolutely fine now she had finished school. I smiled as I mentioned that my daughter is going on to a second year at college and is thinking of starting her own business!

I wanted to end the conversation with "I told you so!"

So the moral of the story is, never give up .... you will have your day and I'm so glad this opportunity came for me today, to say that the child they gave up on, has managed to succeed despite their obstacles and negative vibes.

Stay strong everyone.

Luv Sue and M. xx

Re: It felt so good!

I wish i could have seen their faces, good for you.

It is so good to hear success stories and although i know that my son will never become prime ministern i know he will be kind loyal and honest as all our children are and will be.

It will be interesting to have these conversations in a few years time and see where they all are.

Keep strong everyone.

Sar xx

Well done Sue, I'm glad your daughter is doing so well, It's stories like yours that give me hope, thanks

Take care
Dorothy x

Good to hear your story Sue, thanks for sharing,
Linda