school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
At last 5 days in a row!

Hi

I just had to share this week. This is the first time my son has made a whole week in a very long time. It was touch and go as it was in fact a very challenging week for him both in and outside of school. He was angry most of the week due to the anxiety but somehow this time - when I took the pressure off this morning when he felt he just couldn't go at all, and said he could go in later (we worked through relaxation and did some exercise) he somehow changed his thinking patterns and knew he had to go despite feeling so sick. So he went in late. I am very proud of him. Wishing everyone a good weekend. Small steps at a time :-)
Linda

Re: At last 5 days in a row!

bet hes really pleased with himself well done for getting him in as its very stressful.

OOOOh how fantastic so so pleased for you.

Have a great weekend.

Sarah xx

Great news Linda! Well done both of you.

Penny xx

Linda

Well done to your son, it's a huge acheivement for him, and you, hope you have a relaxing weekend, spoil your boy.

Take care
Dorothy x

Thats fab news!

Well done to you both.

Sue and M. x

Thanks everyone. We have also broken through the fear of going to soccer. Played his first match last Sunday (he had never been able to attend the training due to the anxiety) and his team won. We are off to the next match this morning. He says he is too tired - feels sick etc - but I think he'll get there. These things come in cycles but I am hoping this lasts as long as possible.
Hope everyone had a good weekend,
Linda