school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The final countdown

Well, after almost 4 years we are almost there. My daughter has left school and just has to go into school 3 more times, for exams. She finally got all her coursework up to date (at home) and it has been passed and is worth 2 GCSE's. Once she has taken these final external exams that is it. It's over.

Then its the wait until Aug for the results.

I can't tell you what a relief it is, and already, she is much, much happier.

Thank you for helping us through. I will still be on here to keep in touch with everyone and offer any support that I can.

Penny xx

Re: The final countdown

Well done Penny, and to your daughter. I can feel the relief from here!
Good luck in the next step waiting for the results and good to hear your daughter is feeling much happier. You, like Sue and Simon have given us hope as we stand at the bottom of the hill on the long road up.
And thank you for staying around and helping the rest of us out - much appreciated.
Linda

Yes indeed, well done to the both of you. You have worked hard for this result.
Let us know how the exam results turn out.
Simon

Hi Penny,

Well done to you both!
Isn't it a relief when its all over? I'll be honest though, 'that' feeling we have as parents in this situation never goes away, it just eases over time.
For the first couple of months of M going to college, I expected her to refuse ...... but she never has! She knows that she is in control of her own destiny now, which has made her so much more relaxed and able to deal with life.
Good luck to you and your daughter, its a great time, enjoy it.

Take care everyone, you'll get there, I promise.

Smiles!

Sue and M. xx

Linda,

You may have a long way to go, but we are all here for you anytime, never forget that.

Small steps will get you to the end of the road. I Promise!

Hugs.

Sue and M. x

FANTASTIC thats all i am going to say !!

love to you both

Sar xx

glad to hear things are looking good

good luck with the exams