school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
college

Well, my boy was up most of night, It was a real struggle to get in to college for interview but, he made it and was offered a place, so so proud of him, he is like a different boy today

Take care
Dorothy x

Re: college

what can i say - fantastic - well done.

Sarah xx

Dorothy,

Tell your son that my daughter loves college, as it's so different to school! It's more relaxed and the tutors treat you like adults and have a laugh with you.
My daughter says, the best bit is that you can walk out anytime ..... which is exactly why she chooses to stay.
Now, enjoy the hols, dont make too much of college, just go with the flow. M said to tell your son to go in the first day with an open mind and see what happens ..... she was pleasantly surprised.
Enjoy your summer.

Sue and M. x

Fantastic news, Dorothy.
Well done to both of you. I am so glad you are going to stick around and help the rest of us but please take a well earned rest yourself!! I do hope your son goes much better now - our kids really deserve to make it at the end and your stories do inspire us to see some light.
Linda

Great news, Dorothy.
Good luck for your son in september. My daughter starts her new venture at college then too.
Lets hope that this really is a new beginning for them.

Penny xx

Good Luck Penny,

A new start for you and your daughter.

As I said to Dorothy, its a different world, go in with an open mind and it will be fine. My daughter loved it because she felt the same as everyone else.

Take care.

Sue and M. x

Good luck too Penny. Pardon my ignorance from down under but what exactly is a
College' in the UK? Is this a broad term or in reference to a specific tertiary institution/post secondary?
Linda

Linda, In the UK a college is for children/adults over 16. It is for further education ranging from GCSE'S, A LEVELS, vocational courses, hobby/leisure courses etc, full or part time .Courses are free from tuition charges for 19 year olds and under and fee paying for those over 19. A level 3 course is equivalent to working at A level standard so for example if my daughter is successful at her level 3 BTECH course this would effectively earn enough UCAS points to study that chosen area at university (higher education).

Penny x