school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pinch me !!

Well apologies i haven't been very active this week - one thing and another !!

Anyway, well my son is 15 today, and he had his 3rd session at the Arts Centre for his video / game creating day. When he came home he said that his session had made his birthday the best birthday ever !! He went in ( i did just go in with him but didn't stay ) and never called or texed me and came out 5 hours later into the car park with the biggest grin on his face wow wow wow and had even spent some time with another student he didn't know. I feel this is such a major achievement as 6 months ago wouldn't even go out of the door.

So so proud of him i could burst - we are finally moving forward with a smile.

There is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Sarah xx

Re: Pinch me !!

Very pleased for you both. Well done.

Consider yourself pinched.

All the best.

ellis

Well done Sarah and to your son. That really must be so rewarding for you and gives us all hope :-)
All the best,
Linda

Sarah, thats wonderful news , what a huge step forward. Well done to him (and to you for resisting the urge to text him to check he was ok )

Penny xxx

Penny - that was the hardest part not texting - but that would have been for my sake not his !!

On a slightly different note i had a work meeting with one of our clients the other day - the guy very senior in the company - lovely chap with a lovely family the sort you think had got it all. Chatting before the meeting started and i asked how the family was ( as you do ) and he just came out with " my son is refusing to go to school " blar blar etc but said please don't judge me we are doing our best ---oooohhhh me judge ?? so of course that set me off as he had no idea about us !! You just never know do you!! I felt such an expert with all my knowledge !!

Hey it happens to the best of us - he can join our club !!

Love to all Sar xx

Sarah

Well done to both of you, it is a huge acheivement and you should feel proud, it so lifts us all when we hear some good news

Take care
Dorothy x

xx