school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
exam results

Hi Everyone

Sorry I've not posted in a while, I still read all the posts though, its only been a few weeks since my son left school and already it seems a million years ago, a good feeling. Today came the dreaded exam results and .................. my son did amazing, maths int 1 he got an A, english int 2 he got B, ( his english teacher said it was a waste of time him sitting this exam as he would fail, so glad we didn't listen to her )1 for computing standard grade and 3 for modern studies standard grade, I can't tell you how proud we are of him, I feel like the proudest mum in the world, even more so because of everything he has been through, he said thanks to me today for all the times I managed to get him into school, it makes me humble, he has been a different boy since leaving school and is looking forward to starting college at the end of the month.

I hope you all have a relaxing time over the holidays, you all deserve it so much.

Take care
Dorothy x

Re: exam results

I, too, have not posted for a while.

But I was so pleased to learn of your son's results. It has been a nervous couple of days for us here in the north with results coming out yesterday and today, but now they are known, it is possible to plan for what comes next.
Not going well for us, I have to say, as we look at the clearing lists.

Anyway, I am very happy for you both, Dorothy. you have done so well.

All the best for the remaining holiday period,

Simon

Thanks Simon, hope you are enjoying the break and good wishes to your daughter.

Take care
Dorothy x

Dorothy and R - that has made me cry I am so so pleased for you absolutley fantastic well done R.

Simon - i hope you get the break you deserve

Quite silly really, but there was a program on the other evening, not sure what it was but caught my attention when the family said their daughter was a SR. Anyway they had problems with some builders that had left their house unfinished and they thought that was her problem so the locals got together and did the house up for them, and hey the daughter went back to school. Hey if only it was that simple !! I have though decorated M's room whilst he is at his fathers - you never know !!

Love to all

Sarah x

Sarah

Thank you, I know M has another year to go, and you know all to well how tough thats going to be, but hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I often wonder how we managed to make it through, then I remember the good friends I have on this forum and how it was all of you that helped us get where we are today. I never thought I could feel this good again but, school really does feel like a million years ago,none of us know how the future will be, but I've got my happy go lucky boy back and I'm so proud of him and what he has achieved.

I can promise you that this time next year you will be feeling like this as well and when you are having dark days then I will be here for you, just as you have been for me.

Take care
Dorothy x

Hi Dorothy,

I am so pleased for you and your son - what an amazing achievement! I can imagine how different it all must feel to have got this far.

Simon - I am sorry to hear that things are not going so well. I do hope things pick up and good luck to you - nice to have a post from you as you had disappeared there for awhile.

Sarah.....some people seem to have SR kids that aren't really SR kids - don't you think? However.....now that you mention it - we just had builders here to fix a broken verandah and it did coincide with my son going to school - but that is stretching it a bit far I think!! My son has gone to school for three weeks in a row...this is just amazing and when the psychiatrist said to him 'what is different>' he said he had no idea. We have only seen the psychiatrist twice - so its not that either - unless he related well to her and felt help was on its way? All a mystery, isn't it. Hope you are all still enjoying your holidays....take care
Linda

Linda - what great news long may it continue, and Dorothy please stay on the site as you were one of the first to respind to my first posting. I know the next 12 months will not be that easy, but the fact he is not going back to school and staying with home ed and the tuition centre will make it slightly easier, but yes this time next year will be good !!

Lots of love to all

Sar xx