school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GCSE results

Hi all, I do hope you are having a good rest over the holidays.

Firstly, Dorothy and Son, I just caught up with your thread posted at the beginning of August and am absolutely delighted for you both. No body but a SR parent can possibly understand the relief when school is finally over. He did it, you did it and have come out of that long dark tunnel. Well done and my very best wishes to you for the future.

Simon, Hows clearing going? Your daughter's progress has been such a source of inspiration. When you answered my first post you made me feel that there was a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel and I held on to that thought over the last couple of years and its true, you were right and gave me hope and I will always be so grateful to you for that.

Now my news........ GCSE results out today in England.

My daughter achieved 4 C's, and a B!!!! Not bad for the girl whose Head Teacher wrote off in her last review as not being commited to her studies because she was very rarely at school (she has Anxiety, CFS and Fibromyalgia). These results have secured her place at college in September. I am sooooooooooo proud of her.

I hope anyone reading this who is new to our group or knows of someone whose child has SR will take reassurance in knowing that with the support of loving parents our children will get there, in their own time, at their own pace. (my daughter is a year behind in getting her GCSE's but so what!) They just need us to listen, support and BELIEVE in them because we are the one who know our kids the best.

I will drop in every now and again to see how everyone is doing and for any help that I can offer. Thank you, Thank you to EVERYONE who has supported me during some very difficult times.

Penny xxxx

Re: GCSE results

Penny - wonderful news i bet you are so proud.

All the best to you both

Sarah x

Fantastic news Penny - so glad to hear about this and you must both be so very proud. All the best for the next step. Do keep dropping by - your experience is also an inspiration to others and you know exactly what everyone is going through.

Again - well done - you are right - we are there for them and we just have to keep helping them along what is a pretty rough path for them.
take care,
Linda

YMCA Training is inviting young people throughout England who recently received their GCSE results to get in touch and find out about available apprenticeships in their area.

Last year YMCA Training helped nearly 3,000 young people throughout England join apprenticeship programmes in areas such as childcare, business administration, retail and horticulture.

Apprenticeships are an excellent way of gaining qualifications and workplace experience. As an employee, young people can earn as they learn and gain practical skills from the workplace.

To find your nearest location visit www.ymcatraining.org.uk

Penny, thank you for your kind words. Congratulations on the exam results! Our children are NOT stupid!

My daughter is 90% sure of a place in college, though the course is not ideal for her. I hope she takes it up! There is a lot of travel involved.

We have been cut off from the outside world for the past 5 days (it was 10 days in July) but BT have just done something at the exchange and we are now back online, though running slow. I have lots of catching up to do. I managed to get online in the library (though this forum does not show up on their antiquated equipment!) and note that the number of visits to the site has risen significantly in the past two weeks. Scottish schools going back??? Or English exams results increasing anxiety?? I wonder...

Let is know how things go from now on, please.

Yours,

Simon

Penny

thanks, I'm so proud of him. well done to your daughter and of course to you who helped her through all this, she has done extremely well, more so because of the fight she has had, I wish her success and happiness in all she does, with a mum like you behind her she won't go far wrong.

Take care
Dorothy x

Dorothy - hope things continue to go well for your son.
Wishing you all the best and please do keep letting us know how things are.
best wishes,
Lindax