school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Big Thank you!

I would just like to say I hope everyone makes it through the school year just fine.

I will not be on much: My 12 year old has successfully completed her schooling @ school with homeschooling this year. She dropped down 2 levels with her Pysch. doctor as her anxiety is at a normal range. She has made numerous friends over the past couple of months and is finally carrying on as she should at her age level. Her Medical situation is now stable and shes doing remarkable. Her court case has been closed.

It is my fervent wish that anyone that has a school refuser to please not give up, as we all on here know EXACTLY what your going through.
Its not easy but it is doable.

Again; best of luck and thank you all for being here for me when I needed to vent...

Bonnie

Re: A Big Thank you!

Bonnie - that is such a lovely thread and congratulations to you both. IS your daughter going to continue with home schooling or are you going to reintergrate her back into school ?

Whatever happens i wish you all the very best for the future and please stay on the site as it will give others the motivation and fight to go on.

Lots of love

Sarah xx

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for getting back to us about how things are going. That is great news. Your story is inspiring. HOpe you drop by to the forum on occasions as your experience will help others.
All the best to you and your daughter,
Linda

Bonnie

thats great news, its nice to know we managed to help, good luck for the future.

Take care
Dorothy x

She and I made the decision to continue to homeschool her now with perhaps an intergration for her last year of high school. But it's too soon to decide that yet. It just amazes me that she is doing so well after an incredible daunting last year. I just hope that people can continue to read everything that happened and where we are. I never thought Bailey would be where she is today. In fact, she went camping out of state with a friend, so my husband and I have the night off...kid free...she has never been away from me for a night...wooo hooo....thats how far shes come.

I am always available for questions...BSJones@comcast.net

Bonnie - fantastic - and a night off !!

Keep up the good work.

Love Sarah xx