school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
childrens reporter/panel

we now have the childrens reporter involved - she sounded nice but has to get reports from everyone and decide whether to have a hearing etc
its scary times

Re: childrens reporter/panel

Hi - Sorry but can you explain what the childrens reporter is ?

Sarah x

Scary times, indeed, Jezebel.
Time also to get all your paperwork in order - the who, what, when and why stuff.
Maybe you will get some positive, actual help out of this?
Please keep in touch,
Simon

A Children’s Hearing is part of the legal and welfare systems in Scotland; it aims to combine justice and welfare for children and young people.

A Children’s Hearing is carried out by three specially trained lay tribunal members of the Children’s Panel, a Children's Reporter, child and legal guardian and a representative of the local social work department.

The most concise description of the reporter and his/her role in probably the one on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Children's_Reporter_Administration

I hope it all goes well for you. If we can help in anyway please let us know.

Sarah xx

We are here to help in any way we can - do keep in touch. You have lots of support here and it sounds like you will need it. Perhaps as Simon says, something good will come of this and they might sit up and listen.
Linda xx

thank you all

it may end up being helpful - but just another stress just now

Hi Jezebel,

I am very sorry to heat of your situation. Have you contacted Anxiety UK to see if they can offer any help or support in regard to the hearing?

http://www.anxietyuk.org.uk/about-anxiety/young-people-and-anxiety/

Also, it may be worth talking the The National Parent Partnership. This is their website and from here you can go to your area.

http://www.parentpartnership.org.uk/

They usually deal with students who have Special Educational Needs e.g learning difficulty or a disability that affects learning. I would contact them and ask if anxiety comes under this category and explain your situation. If it does then they will support you, even by helping you to write reports and attend meetings with you if you want. I think anxiety should be classed as a disability in these cases, so definitley worth talking to them. If you do, let me know how you get on.

I hope the hearing willl actually be supportive for you and not work against you. Please keep us informed.

Louise