school refusers

a resource for parents 

Please feel free to join our School Refuser message forum discussions. If you have experience of school refusing, you may find it appropriate to respond to previous posts.  Or you may be feeling isolated and wish to express your feelings.  Whatever, your contribtions are welocme. 

No registration required - just get posting!

School Refusal
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RE: Special Education

I was just reading through a post...and I just wanted to touch on the subject of special education. I tried to get my daughter into being labeled "special education" due to her anxiety and they simply claimed NO. They said that because she is smart, educated and within her grade level a "504" is what she has. Its an adjustment for her saying that during the day, if she needs a break, or cannot do the day, that she is allowed to sit and clear her thoughts. That was the Success Program that she had. However, if I'm understanding this right...nobody else seems to have this type of program. I do not understand why others do not put this type of program in place. Special Education I thought was for someone that needed complete every day one on one interaction. Every country seems to have different view on anxiety and I dont understand that. Anxiety is universal. More and more children appear to have it to the extreme also. Ok...I'm done...just puttin in my two cents worth....